Sunday will be an historic day in Lebanon Road’s story. Lord willing, we will install three more elders to our eldership, giving us 10 shepherds. We are anticipating a wonderful day as we hear from each of the new elders. They will each speak for a few minutes about their hopes and dreams for Lebanon Road. Talks like that truly whet our appetite to work even harder in the Kingdom! If you are near Nashville, why not be a part of this very special service? We’ll start at 9AM.
On to the links for this week:
1. Steve Higginbotham writes a wonderful response to a former President leaving his religious affiliation. This article is more than a news story, though, as Steve gives some good thoughts behind was the President said. Learn from “Jimmy Carter Leaves Southern Baptists.”
2. I laugh at those times when the clock and calendar align to make some strange mathematical anomaly. Joey Sparks reminds us of some far more important events, though, in “Never Again in History.”
3. We often note how concerned we are with the lack of Bible knowledge in our nation. But what about in our churches? Read “Bibleless” from Forthright Magazine for some great thoughts.
4. We’ve all visited an unknown congregation and been worried about what would happen. Robbie MacKenzie shares some thought-provoking questions on the subject in “What If I Came to Your Church?”
5. While I think any congregation that preaches the truth is “great,” Thom Rainer’s article will still help you desire for your congregation to remain strong. Read “Why Some Great Chruches are No Longer Great.”
6. I love the idea of going against culture when culture is sinful and downtrodden. Read Ziglar Pure and Simple’s article “Counter Culture.”
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. We are looking forward to seeing some friends this weekend and then looking forward to a wonderful Lord’s Day. We hope to see you at Lebanon Road then.
If not, no matter where you are, don’t forget the Lord on His day.