Each week, I send out a couple of email newsletters to the Lebanon Road family. They are basically reports on the work (and the Monday newsletter has taken the place of the “Lebanon Road Report” post that used to be here each Monday). If you would like to receive these via email, just send me a quick email and I’ll add you to the list (adfaughn at gmail dot com).
For the past couple of weeks, I have been issuing a challenge via the newsletter for each person to invite five people to worship each week. For some, that’s simple: they just invite a family of five! For others, that’s a great challenge. However, I think five is an easily-achieved number. How about the person who takes your money at the grocery store? What about the person who cuts your hair? Maybe a next-door neighbor? You see, it’s pretty easy to get to five.
Let me extend that challenge to all our blog readers. Can you invite five each week?
By the way, you are ALL invited to Lebanon Road this week for worship (and, no, Lebanon Road folks, I’m not counting this as my five!).
On to the links for this week:
1. Do you ever think that staying consistent in your Christian life is hard? Jeremiah Tatum provides some stirring encouragement in his post “Reachable Goals.”
2. Have you ever had to send a child “off” to the military, college, or somewhere else? What difficult emotions did you feel? Paula Harington shares some of hers in “Letting Go and Letting God.”
3. The Feminist Movement has caused so much debate and is now being studied as if it is over (or has accomplished its original mission). Albert Mohler discusses a recent Time magazine article in his post “Feminism Unfulfilled: Why Are So Many Women Unhappy?”
4. Tim Pyles makes a poignant comparison of 9/11 and our nation’s homicide rate in a great post entitled “The Voice of Your Brother’s Blood.”
5. We know how much more we hurt when we are near the one hurting. Daniel Hope shares his thoughts on this in “You Have to See it to Bereave It.”
Did you notice? A challenge to invite five people is followed by five links! Coincidence?
We hope you have a wonderful weekend. Make sure you worship your Creator on His day.