This week, we are going to have a special series on our blog. It is going to be a series meant to give you a little entertainment on your holiday week. We hope you enjoy it.
Each day, Monday through Friday, there will be two posts on our blog (one that will post late in the morning, and one in the evening). These posts will feature the 50 greatest voices of the “recording era.” After making a list of my favorite voices, I also asked for help from my Twitter and Facebook friends, who had some great suggestions. A long list was compiled, and then I chose 50 singers with my favorite voices, and ranked them 1 to 50.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you follow this countdown:
1. These are my favorite voices. Not every person on this list has an opera-style voice. Some do not have perfect quality voices, but know how to use the voice they have to sing songs that are easy to listen to.
2. Obviously, this is subjective. That means that you are going to notice certain trends. It is going to be clear what types of music I most enjoy hearing. If you like different styles of music, you will disagree wildly with the list.
3. No one was chosen for this list based upon one or two songs. Each person was chosen for their body of work.
4. I did not choose people from my own family. Obviously, I could listen to my wife sing all day long (as well as many others among my family and friends). The list is of celebrities only.
5. The list will be released in sets of 5 twice each day, and will feature a brief “rationale” for the singer, and a video of a song that best displays the reason for the singer’s placement on the list.
We hope you enjoy this week’s fun series, and we hope you will leave comments with your thoughts throughout the upcoming days. Look for the first post late Monday morning, when we start with #50!