Last night, we were driving home from Bible study. As is our custom, we were asking our children what their Bible classes were about. Mary Carol said, “We talked about David again.”
So, I asked, “What part of his life?”
Her answer was long, but the first sentence stuck with me. She said, “Saul was chasing him…again.”
Do you ever feel that way? Do you ever feel like it’s just the same-ol’, same-ol’, and that it will never get better?
- I woke up this morning with back pain…again.
- I’m going to go out and look for a job in a terrible economy…again.
- My kids just acted immature…again.
- We have more month left at the end of the money…again.
- That person at school who makes fun of my morals is going to start in today…again.
- I’ll have to hear all the sexual exploits at work today…again.
For every person it’s different, but we all have an “again” that just seems to never go away. It grates at us and causes us so much heartache.
What is the answer?
Well, how about we listen to the one who ran from Saul…again.
You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again;
From the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. (Psalm 71:20)
If may be the same-ol’, same-ol. But God is never-changing, and He will lift you up…again!
QUESTION: When have you seen God help you with an “again” problem? Share your story in the comments.
To sign up for our free monthly enewsletter, click here.
Click the banner to visit our publishing website