Today’s post is to let you know about a really neat project that I have been blessed to be part of. Recently, brother Jonathan Jenkins from Katy, Texas, got in touch with me and asked it I would write a tract. That may sound like no big deal, but the format is really interesting, and I think there is potential here to reach many people with the truth of God’s Word.
Brother Jenkins is editing these tracts, but they are really e-tracts, because they are only going to be available on the Kindle. I think this is a wonderful way to promote the Gospel! Here are some facts about this series:
1. The series of tracts is called “Moments that Matter,” and the subtitle is brilliant: “Short Answers to Eternal Questions.”
2. Each tract is around 3000 words or so, so they are about the length of one chapter of a regular book. Someone could read the entire tract in about 15 minutes or less in most cases.
3. The tracts cost 99 cents…but here’s the beautiful part. Every so often, each tract will be FREE on the Kindle for one week, and Jonathan is letting people know about that through the Facebook page for Moments that Matter. So, someone could simply search for free materials on the Kindle (like I do quite often!) and come across these tracts. At first, it looks like 2 tracts per week will be free, but our hope is that this number of regular free materials grows as the catalog of tracts grows.
4. If you are studying with someone, remember that you can “gift” a Kindle book (or tract) to that person through Amazon, and it will show up on their device. This is a great way to give someone material very inexpensively (even free).
So far, tracts have been published or are in the process of being edited by Drew Kizer, Dan Jenkins, Eric Owens, Dale Jenkins, Jeremiah Tatum, Bruce Morton, Jonathan, myself, and the staff at Apologetics Press. Other writers are also involved, but are still working on their first submissions to the series.
Here is how you can enjoy this great new idea:
1. If you are on Facebook, make sure you “Like” the Moments that Matter page. That will add it to your Facebook news stream, so you can see when new tracts are published, or when certain tracts become free to download.
2. Even if you do not have a Kindle, you can read these tracts. Go to this page and download a Kindle reader for your computer, tablet, or smartphone (it’s free). If you have never done this, I highly recommend it. Free is a great price!
3. Start your “collection” with a FREE tract by Jonathan called “Am I Saved?” Here is the link to that tract. Since it’s free, get one for yourself, and then “gift” it to someone you are studying with.
4. Go ahead and spend 99 cents and buy the tract I authored (or you can wait until it’s free, of course…haha). It’s called “How Will I Be Treated when I’m 120 Years Old?”
With the growth of e-readers and the relative ease of finding free material, I think this is a great “market” to be in, and I’m thankful that Jonathan thought of this. It is an honor to be involved in the project, and it is my prayer that many tracts will be written and that many souls will be reached through these efforts.
…and, yes, Jonathan, I’ve been working on my next submission, too!