The Short Version
Like you, we don’t like spam! If you subscribe, either by email or rss to our site, we will not spam you nor sell/give your information to any third parties. While we do not want to lose you as a reader, you are free to unsubscribe at any time from the rss, and there is always an “unsubscribe” link in each email, as well.
The Long and Technical Version
- Before or at the time of collecting information, we will make the purpose for collecting the information clear (e.g., receiving blog posts via email).
- We will collect and use only the personal information you give us only for the purposes we state, unless we obtain consent from you for another purpose.
- We will only retain that information for as long as is necessary to complete the purpose for which it is given.
- We will only collect information through lawful and fair means (i.e., never without consent).
- Personal information should be kept up-to-date as is necessary for receiving what is requested.
- Using trusted programs and sites, we will protect your information as best we can. Our trust is in these companies to do their stated work.
- We will share the information about these companies (e.g., MailChimp for email subscribers) upon request, with reference to their security measures.
Distribution of Information
We do not share your personal information with any third party for the purposes of marketing. We may, however, at times, have to share information in accordance with federal law to assist in fraud prevention or investigation. We will only share the information when necessitated by law in this way.
Our Commitment to Your Data Security
While we can see certain information, we will never share it with any third party. We allow any reader to opt out of updates (i.e., unsubscribe) at any time with no recourse.
Rss and Email Confidentiality
Anyone who subscribes to A Legacy of Faith has their information stored with a reliable source. We use Google’s feedburner for our rss and MailChimp for email subscriptions. Each will only store the data you share, and will not sell it to third parties. You may opt out at any time. We can obtain certain information (number of subscribers, for example), but will not disclose that information in any specific way. As an example, we will display in a public place on our site how many email subscribers we have, but we will not display the identity of any subscriber.
We often link to other sites that we feel have helpful information. We cannot speak to their privacy policies, so check their information before giving your personal information to any other site. We are speaking only to the content to which we direct you when we link to an external site.
We reserve the right to change this policy, but will tweet the new page when/if we do.