(Player not working? Click here to play.)
The Bible school program of the church is so important, but sometimes improvements need to be made. Too often, however, we think these improvements will cost more money than a congregation can afford. In this week’s podcast, Adam and Leah discuss seven very simple ways that any congregation, on virtually any budget, can improve their Bible school program.
The Seven Tips
- Clean Up the Classrooms! (Declutter and throw away unused, outdated material)
- Update bulletin boards regularly, and paint if you can afford it.
- Promote the Bible school program from the pulpit and bulletin often.
- Teachers be on time, and start class on time.
- Have an efficient check in/check out method, especially in classes with smaller children.
- Use your curriculum to its fullest potential. Utilize anything you can to “beef up” the lessons. (Leah recommends Pinterest!)
- Have specific goals and objectives for (1) each lesson, and (2) the curriculum itself.
“The 66 Club” [pdf from Waterview Church of Christ]
More from A Legacy of Faith
To subscribe to A Legacy of Faith by email for free (and get a free eBook) click here.
Opening theme: “Josie Has the Upper Hand” by Josh Woodward
Closing theme: “Afterglow” by Josh Woodward